Thursday, June 03, 2004

This is my house.



I moved here April of last year. It's a 90 year old house on stilts, so I pray for no earthquakes. So far, so good.

There's been a lot of rain recently and I've been a little sick, so the yard has become a bit over grown. You can't make out the flowers beds anymore, but you can see some veggies growing on the left.

I'm very lucky because most people in Japan, especially foreigners, live in cramped little one or two room apartments with paper thin walls. This house has two living rooms, a bedroom, a large kitchen, a laundry room, and I really do have some paper walls!

Over the past year, it's become a great place for my friends to come hang out. I've hosted a couple dinner parties, a few BBQ parties, and countless nights of nothing but beer, loud music, and movies.

I call it home.

No comments: