Thursday, November 04, 2004

Dubya did it...


Faces of the Fallen

Last night I saw an American band called Battles, play in Nagoya. At the show Japanese, French, and British people actually apologized to me over the presidential election.

If there is a silver lining to this dark cloud, I'd say that 115 million voters, ten million more than four years ago, is a step in the right direction at improving our democracy.

It's also reassuring to see European and other world leaders acknowledge Bush's win and agreeing they have to work together to find a peaceful solution to the Middle East.

Let's just hope that peaceful solution doesn't add too many more faces of dead soldiers to the mosaic above.

Hopefully four years from now, I will be proud to be an American instead of embarrassed and ashamed by my country.

Time will tell.

No comments: