Monday, September 19, 2005

Lotus

I wanted to write about this weekend is great detail. I wanted to tell the story of how my friend Toku missed the exit off the highway when he was coming to pick me up in Toyohashi, so I had to take a local train to meet him in the next town of Hamamatsu.

I wanted to write about the full moon concert the band Lotus played in Shizuoka Prefecture and how it traveled through a cloudless sky for the duration of the night.

I wanted to write about the largest fireworks show I've ever seen in Tahara-shi

Instead, things are happening too fast here for me to keep up this blog, so I just posted a few pictures and movies of the event.



Lotus playing in a tee-pee.



Tee-pee Moonrise



Tee-pee Moonset



Above is a short video clip of Lotus playing in the tee-pee while a Japanese lighting engineer called OverHeads projected insanity on the tee-pee. Please click here to watch the video.


Mt. Fuji at sunrise.



This is a short video clip of the sunrise over the mountains while Lotus is playing in the background. Mt. Fuji can be see in the distance. Click here to watch the clip.


This is a short video the Ozutsu in Tahara-shi. Ozutsu are kind of like giant roman candles crossed with sparklers. They are carried out platforms by teams of about forty young men. It's quite the spectacle. Click here to watch the video.



Tahara fireworks



No comments: