Saturday, February 25, 2006

Powdertopia 2006



I meant to get this post up about my snowboarding trip to Hokkaido and Aomori much sooner, but last week was really busy.

Powdertopia is an annual snowboard/ski trip organized by JET teachers. This year my friend Tyler organized everything and invited me to come along. It was an offer I could not refuse.

I took a slow ferry up to Hokkaido and met everyone at the lodge. We had four tremendous days in Hirafu Village. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted some of the best pictures of the trip, but some managed to survive.

Check out the photo gallery here: Powdertopia 2006 Pt. 1: Niseko, Hokkaido

The second part of Powdertopia took place in Aomori Prefecture at Mt. Hakkoda. Our group members changed around a little bit, but it was just a continuation of the same kind of fun. We had three days on Mt. Hakkoda and stayed in a great lodge called Sansou.

Check out the photos from Aomori here: Powdertopia 2006 Pt. 2: Mt. Hakkoda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its stu a blast fromyour phishing days. the site looks great you have really developed it. keep up the good work