Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Jushiyama JHS Graduation


Last week I attended a graduation ceremony at Jushiyama Junior High School.

Check out the photo gallery here: Jushiyama Graduation Ceremony

It was a bittersweet occasion. I taught these students for four years starting when they were 5th grade at elementary school. I have many fond memories with them; for example, these students wrote letters to my uncle when he was sick, and in return as thank you notes, they received baby pictures of me from my father.

I was very proud to watch them walk and receive their diplomas, but the event also marked the end of my tenure at this school. From April, the town of Jushiyama will merge with a neighboring city, so my contract with the local BOE will be lost.

I enjoyed myself here immensely, but it's time to start moving on...

No comments: