Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Awesome

In an attempt to mock the cover letter workshop I sat through at SIT, and the process I went through to get my current internship, I recently composed an email application, in cover letter style, to a friend who goes by the monkier the Director of Awesomeness.

My awesome application was as follows:

Dear Director of Awesomeness,

My name is Heyward Gignilliat. I am a candidate for a Master of Arts in Teaching at the School for International Training in Brattleboro, VT.

I recently embarked on an eight-week internship to Veracruz, Mexico, and I would be honored if you bestowed upon me the title of Ambassador of Awesomeness.

I feel I distinguish myself from other applicants because I am ever mindful of the Big Here and the Long Now. If granted this honorary title, I vow to teach, learn, speak, study, listen, laugh, eat, drink, joke, play, surf, spin, skip, jingle, dance, groove, twist, squeeze, drop, flush, climb, win, lose, conquer, smoke, rip, tear, thrash, roar, thrust, finish, slash, and even burn in the name of Awesomeness.

Please consider this application, and I am looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.


After a couple days of deliberation, my friend wrote me back with the following response:

Dear Candidate,

After extensive review of your application the selection committee (comprised only of the Director of Awesomeness) would like to honor you by conferring upon you the title of Ambassador of Awesomeness.

It is with great pleasure that this position is filled by such an ambitious candidate in its first conferral as of date. It fills the director with much pleasure that awesomeness will be brought to the people of Veracruz.

Everyone, especially beautiful women, need awesomeness and I trust that you will spread as much of it as possible to Veracruz and the surrounding region. Just be sure to do all that you have said you will... especially groove, squeeze, burn and thrust.


I guess I am now a diplomat... of awesome sorts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you speak spanish?

Anonima Buena Onda