Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bumped for Boston

So, I've been living out of a backpack for the past nine months and waiting for an opportunity to return to Boston and gather my personal belongings and get them to San Francisco.
Last weekend coming back from New Orleans, I voluntarily got bumped from my connecting flight in return for a free round trip ticket to anywhere in the continental US. Single.
While I waited languidly in LAX for six hours, I started calling around to friends. Turns out one good friend was planning on going to Boston the end of May for a Phish show at Fenway Park. Call it fate, but he had an extra ticket. Double off the Monster.
Talked to my boss; got the time off work. Contacted a couple friends in Beantown; got a place to stay and the green light to get my things out of storage. Triple down the line.
Booked my free flight. Grand-f*ckin-slam over Williamsburg into the Ted seat.
Sweet Caroline here I come.
So good! So good! So good!

No comments: