Monday, April 03, 2006

Almost Spring


Spring is slowly setting in, but the cherry blossoms look like they’re gonna take another week.

For April Fool’s Day, I went to Inuyama with my friends Cem, Yuki, Ethan, and Alexis for a festival. We spent the afternoon walking around casually eating all the usual matsuri snacks: choco bananas, yaki-mochi, squid, various meat sticks, butter potatoes, etc.

Check out the photo gallery here: Inuyama Matsuri

Here’s a video of Ethan demonstrating how to give a kancho:



If you don’t know what a kancho is, I suggest you read Wikipedia’s explanation here: Kancho

The following day I had plans to go to a cherry blossom party in Okazaki, but the rainy weather forced the party inside. Regardless, we still had a good time, and a couple from Okinawa brought a shamisen and performed a few songs.

I put a few pictures on my Flickr account that you can scroll through here: Okazaki Pics

No comments: